The following are the game’s current features and its planned features
before the game leaves “alpha” status. There is a list of crucial “1.0” features
and some ideas for where I may take this game further down the road. I plan on
making this game my “forever project” and keep adding to it and releasing
updates for as long as I find it interesting.
The expected feature list for the “1.0” version of the game, and how
far along I am. The general idea of what “1.0” will look like is that it
will have these features:
- Single Player Campaigns (Story Mode):
- The game would come with at least one single-player campaign of built-in
levels which are completed in sequence.
- The player’s progress and high scores on a level pack are saved. Some
levelpacks can have their later levels “locked” until the player completes
- Players can create their own Level Packs
too and share them with others.
- Level Editor & Custom Levels:
- A fully featured level and doodad editor is included, with all the tools
needed to create custom content.
- Custom doodad files can be copied and shared to other computers (and placed
in the right game folder) and be used
in custom levels.
- Custom level packs that use only the built-in doodads are perfectly
supported; if they require custom doodads, players need to install the
doodad files manually.
- Full Version Extras:
- The full version adds extra qualify-of-life improvements in
support of custom user content, to make it easier to share custom levels
which use custom doodads.
- The ability to create a .level file which embeds all of its custom doodads
inside the level’s data for easy transport to another computer. The level
brings everything it needs, so no need to juggle custom doodad files by hand!
- The ability to play a .level file which embedded its custom doodads.
- By extension, the ability to play a Level Pack
whose levels use custom doodads and everything will just work by simply
downloading the one .levelpack file and loading it in your game!
Some details of features and current progress towards the 1.0 release:
- Single Player:
- Level Features:
- Level Editor:
- Wallpaper Themes:
- Doodad Editor:
- Custom Content:
- Full Version Extras:
Some ideas I have for where the game can go after “1.0”:
- Online services in-game for sharing levels and doodads with others.
- For full versions of the game.
- Players would be able to log on, browse levels and doodads uploaded by other
players, and easily download and play them.
- Multiplayer features:
- Two-player level gameplay mode. (Possibly more than two players).
- Multiplayer collaboration for the Level Editor?
- Ability to play and edit a level both in real time?
- Mobile ports of the game (Android, Pinephone)
- There is an example Go SDL2 Android app
so getting an Android build may not be too difficult.
- The game already “kinda works” on the Pine64 Pinephone running GNU/Linux.
That device will be used to develop/test more touch-friendly user interfaces
for the game ahead of any effort being put into Android.
- Don’t hold your breath for iOS support.